TMC contains early morning fire
By media release
Jun 21, 2007
Print this page
Email this article

At approximately 2:30 a.m. Thursday morning, Texoma Medical Center experienced a fire in the main breaker room on the main campus located in Denison. At this time, the hospital is running on emergency power through a generator system. The fire was contained and extinguished by hospital engineering staff even before the local fire department quickly made it to the scene. The fire department has determined that the fire has been completely extinguished. At this time, they remain on site along with a crew from TXU Electric.

As a precautionary measure, an extra generator has been located and is being delivered to the hospital, as well as, a new breaker system to replace that which caused the fire.

According to Randy Truxal, TMC Vice President of Support Services, "We had all the right people here taking care of the situation immediately. We appreciate how quickly our engineering staff, the local fire department and TXU have all responded to ensure the safety of both our patients and our employees."