Monday, August 18, 2014 at Trinity River Authority
Fort Worth, Texas -- The Region C Water Planning Group (RCWPG) will hold a public meeting 1:00 p.m. Monday, August 18, 2014, at the Trinity River Authority Central Wastewater Treatment Plant as part of the regional water planning process in North Central Texas.
The RCWPG is currently working to develop an updated 2016 Region C Water Plan that includes recommended water management strategies to meet the region’s water supply needs through 2070.
Trinity River Authority Central Wastewater Treatment Plant is located at 6500 W. Singleton Blvd., Grand Prairie, TX 75212 - phone: 972-263-2251.
Key action items for the meeting include:
· Considering approval of final prioritization of projects in the 2011 Region C Water Plan, to be submitted to the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) by Sept. 1, 2014. This is part of the process of prioritizing water projects statewide for possible future funding from the State Water Implementation Fund of Texas (SWIFT), which was authorized via Proposition 6 in Nov. 2013.
· Considering ratification of technical data submitted to the TWDB on Aug. 1, 2014, including an analysis of current water needs in Region C.
· Considering appointment of a RCWPG sub-group for the purpose of review and approval of Task 7.3 “Existing and Potential Emergency Interconnects.”
· Appointing a nominating committee for the 2015 slate of officers.
Discussion items include:
· Updates on the Region C Water Planning schedule.
· Updates on interregional conflict resolution.
· Presentation of draft Chapters 1 and 2 for the 2016 Region C Water Plan.
The public is welcome to attend the meeting and participate in a public comment session.
Agenda: Download here
The RCWPG is one of 16 regional water planning groups selected by the TWDB to help develop a comprehensive state water plan for Texas over the next 50+ years. Each water planning group is responsible for preparing and adopting a regional water plan for its area.
The RCWPG is made up of 22 members representing a variety of interest groups. Region C includes all or part of 16 counties in North Central Texas: Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Fannin, Freestone, Grayson, Henderson (Trinity River Basin portion), Jack, Kaufman, Navarro, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant and Wise.